Friday, September 20, 2013

Best Race Weather Ever


Hey friends! Well, it's that time of year again...Redman! I've done the half the past 2 years where the water has been low and the temperatures have been HOT. Triathletes LUCKED out this year!

A front rolled through our state resulting in cool temps, sunny skies and light winds. In other words...PERFECT! BOOM.
Oklahoma City had above normal rain this summer. Our annual rain total is at 45.79" which ranks as the 5th wettest year on record!  For this reason, Lake Hefner is FULL! WOO HOO!

Here's a pic from last year. We had to walk out to the water because levels were so low!
This year, I am honored once again to be singing the National Anthem.  I will also be trying out a full aquabike. An aquabike is a triathlon minus the run (woo hoo!). I will be doing a 2.4 mile swim and 112 mile bike - basically 2/3 of a full Ironman.  Quite honestly, I am not as well trained as the past 2 years but Coach Ryan says I should be fine since I did a century about a month ago.  Thank goodness the weather will be beautiful! I hope I don't lose my butt on the course. If you see a girl with a pink helmet riding slow and singing to herself, say hi to me!


Good luck to the athletes and thank you to the race staff and volunteers for all of your hard work!  If you don't have any plans Saturday morning, you should go to Lake Hefner and see what it's all about.  I 100% guarantee you will be inspired.  See you tomorrow morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment