Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Don't Text & 'Blade

Thank you for all of your donations so far!  Please donate to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society...my goal is $5,000 and every dollar counts! Just click here!

Hello, friends! So...it's still blazing hot out.
Thanks to the viewer that sent me this one! I feel like this is for real.  It's Murphy's Law that Joleen and I chose possibly the hottest summer on record to train!

Okay, I've been slacking a bit in writing! Sorry! But here's what you've missed.
So last Tuesday, July 12 we had several severe storms pop up right over the metro.  This was great news in terms of localized rainfall and rain-cooled air!  My training buddy and co-anchor, Joleen Chaney and I decided to go on a bike ride. Rain-cooled air created temps in the upper 70s/lower 80s...and let me tell you friends, it felt GLORIOUS!  We did about 30 miles. Yay!
I had several workouts inbetween and then I participated in our group ride that was temporarily moved to  Friday night.  Nate, Patty, & I biked with Steve Schlegel for the first loop.  Murphy's Law that a minute after Steve left us Patty had a flat!  Nate and I combined our knowledge to repair her flat.  Way to go TEAM!

This allowed me to go out on Friday and celebrate my Chi Omega friend, Lacey's birthday.  The theme was "white trash."  As you can see, I took it to the extreme! NASCAR style!  Normally, our TEAM trainings are early on Saturday, so I try to go to bed early, like a grandma.  This was a nice treat.
So I decided to go on a bike ride Sunday night during my dinner break.  I must say, Lake Hefner provides some interesting entertainment.  No, I did not see this Batman dude.  Yes, I did almost get hit by a rollerblader that was texting.  Hence the title "Don't Text & 'Blade."  Seriously, it's dangerous!  And quite stupid!  I know rollerblading is a great way to exercise, but honestly, I am surprised at the amount of people participating past the 1990's.  Perhaps I need to give it a whirl and not "hate!" hahaha

Right now my parents are visiting from Chicago!  There's not much to do in this heat...except go swimming in the pool and go out to eat!  If you have any suggestions, please let me know!  I took them to Oklahoma's Oldest Bar, Eichen's Chicken in Okarche, Oklahoma.  It's not exactly triathlete food...but it's delicious!  It's a rare treat. They were impressed!
They will be attending the fundraiser tomorrow (Thursday) and so should you!  Please consider attending!  If not, you can always donate to "Team Jo&Em" at http://pages.teamintraining.org/ntxok/retriokc11/teamjoem

Thank you friends and have a good one!

1 comment:

  1. If you want a cool place both litterally and figuratively then take them to the OKC MOA because they have this Passages exhibit that features really old Bible relics that is pretty interesting, it's totally worth checking out!!

    ReplyDelete