And great news...the weather will be sunny and cool with light winds! And in the cycle world that is straight up FABULOUS!
It's a ride not a race and it's not too late to sign up! Just get to Mitch Park in Edmond early tomorrow morning. Here are the details:
WHEN: Sunday, September 9, 2012 • 7:30 am (rain or Shine)
WHERE: Mitch Park, 1501 West Covell Road, Edmond, OK (between Santa Fe and Kelly)
DISTANCES: 100k, 42- and 25-mile routes. 10-mile Free Family Fun Ride. Support ends at 1:00 pm. The 40-mile and 100k are significantly hilly. Maps available at event site or click here.
This is not a race. No times will be kept or posted.
No children under 12 allowed on open road courses. Children of all ages are welcome on the 10-mile Free Family Fun Ride, which will use the multi-use trails inside Mitch Park. Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
REST STOPS: Multiple rest stops will be located on the 100k, 40- and 25-mile routes, with a restroom at each stop. Drinks and snack foods will be available. Sag support will be provided on these routes.
- $25 ($35 for tandem teams) if received by 8/30/12
- $30 per adult ($40 for-tandem teams) after 8/30/12
- $10 children 12 - 18 years of age
- FREE ... Family Fun Ride (T-shirts will be available for $10)
No riders allowed without signed entry/waiver form.
All riders must wear a protective helmet. Traffic control will be provided at key points. All routes will be open to motor vehicles. Obey all traffic laws.
- 6:00 am Registration opens.
- 7:30 am road tours begin
- 8:00 am Family Fun Ride free bike inspections.
- 8:30 am Free Family Fun Ride begins.
- 10:30 "Pasta in the Park" provided by Johnny Carino's. Free to all 100k, 42- and 25-mile riders. (Show your wrist band number.)
- 1:00 pm End of event
I am doing the 100 km route which equals about 62 miles. Hope to see you there and regardless, get outside and enjoy this beautiful weather!